Originally the home of Isaac Merrit Singer, inventor of the Singer sewing machine. The hotel is in a prime seafront location, standing in its own 2-acre grounds with excellent health and leisure facilities. A short, level walk from Paignton town centre, the hotel is minutes from the beach, pier and other activities.
The Palace Hotel, unlike many other hotels of the period, has retained the elegant splendour of its original classical décor and façade. It has also retained the attentive service you would expect from a quality hotel of days past but yet with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere making it an ideal holiday or short break destination.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- 3 AA Stars
- 3 Visit England Stars
|Opening 2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
Despite being a resident not able to eat in restaurant
Our room was comfortable (if a little small) and had a nice view, Clean and tidy. Except toilet seat could do with replacing as scratched and old looking.
On Friday we spoke to restaurant to look at... Read full review
Breakfast very very slow, room very hot even though the heating wasn’t on and the window was open. Wi-Fi not great, shower goes cold and hot continuously, pool/gym a bit dated. They need to seriously... Read full review
Brixham, United Kingdom
how many of us employees over the years have been treated
Just thought I’d chip in a show an employee review ☺️
As a previous employee of the palace hotel I would like to say how disgusting you get treated here. One sue was the a bully and an arrogant cow... Read full review
M5 follow signs to Newton Abbot. A380 to Torquay. Follow sea front signs to Paignton. The Palace is opposite the pier on Paignton sea front.
Public Transport Directions
From Paignton - 10 minutes walk
Go down Torbay Road, turn left at bottom onto The Esplanade. The hotel is situated just opposite the pier on the left-hand side.
- Additional meal details - With prior notice.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - Full English
- Serve evening meal - Table D'Hote and A la Carte
- Serve lunch - Plus bar snacks and a specials board.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - Cots, highchairs, children's menu.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Under 60 people. New function room available mid June 2006.
- Beach within 2km
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax in reception, photocopier.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Public telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking areas are located outside the building.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Once a home of the Singer sewing machine family.
- Access to golf course - Locally, by arrangement.
- Games Room
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Sauna, gym and solarium, steam rooms, beauty rooms.
- Indoor pool - Heated indoor.
- Other sporting facilities - Pool table in bar.
- Spa bath
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking - Large car park on front of hotel.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme