TripAdvisor Traveller Rating473 reviews
- Book Tickets
- Map & Directions
Book Tickets Online
Opening Dates and Times
|Torquay Museum (1 Feb 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Open Tue-Thu and Sat 10am – 4pm, last admissions at 3.15pm.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.00 per ticket|
|Child (3-16 years)||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child (under 3)||Free|
|Senior/Student||£8.00 per ticket|
£3 discount (per group) on 4 or more paid tickets
Pay once and get in free for a year!
Special Discount: 20% OFF ADMISSIONS FOR TQ POSTCODES
Group rates also available.
An English Riviera UNESCO Global Geopark Key Site.
Travel back through 400 million years of time at Torquay Museum – a hands-on family-friendly visitor attraction, with lots to see and do for children and adults alike.
A wide variety of exhibitions are hosted throughout the year by the Museum, from child-friendly summer blockbusters to fascinating exhibitions about South Devon’s amazing archaeology, geology and people.
Detect your way through Britain’s only Agatha Christie gallery at Torquay Museum, which is dedicated to the life story of the Queen of Crime. Re-developed and improved in 2013, the new gallery now enables visitors to step inside Poirot’s study and lounge, including furniture, books, pictures and even fireplaces from his beautiful London Art Deco apartment.
Come face-to-face with North-West Europe’s oldest human fossil and the sabre-toothed tigers he shared his Torquay home with 44,000 years ago, and explore life and death in Ancient Egypt, including the coffin of a 2,500 year old mummified boy. Find out about Torquay’s explorer’s, including the inspiration for Indiana Jones and what life was like in an Devon Farmhouse in the 1800’s.
A Visual Guide is now available for Torquay Museum. The Guide is a site specific online tool to help people plan and consider their visit to a new place. The Visual Guide shows anything from functional information like entry prices, parking and facilities, but also highlights elements like sound levels, lighting types, spaces and bespoke features that may cause alarm or confusion.
Museum Hire - The museum offers a unique location for conferences, meetings and events and has a choice of 3 rooms to meet a wide range of needs; from a small boardroom meeting to an auditorium seating 190 with high spec presentation facilities.
If you are planning an evening event, the museum’s exhibition galleries can be hired for exclusive use, allowing you to create an event with a difference - from champagne receptions in the Devon Farmhouse or Explorers Galleries, to intimate dining in the Forbes-Julian Room or the Library.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good140
- museummonkeyBrighton, United KingdomHooray for Christie, but where's the cafe?10th Mar 2022Charming local museum with fascinating exhibits. I'm a big Agatha Christie fan, which was the key reason for visiting, and was surprised that the room dedicated to her life and work was the only one... Read full review
- Stuart BCarshalton, United KingdomA lovely Museum29th Apr 2022We had the museum to ourselves as we had timed tickets due to the start of the current pandemic. The museum is well laid laid out and the Agatha Christie Floor is the real reason we went there. Yes... Read full review
- 237sasharDevon, United KingdomSuch a warm welcome!23rd May 2022This was such a great surprise, went to see the Pirate Exhibition and was delighted by the variety and professionalism of the displays. There really is something for everyone of all ages. I... Read full review
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.After 1600.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Tctile labelling in Natural History Gallery and objects to handle.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licensed cafe serving tea, coffee, light snacks and lunches. Seating for 33. .
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 10
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.After 1600.
There are not many activities which the younger kids, grandparents, teens and adults can…0.21 miles away
The Torquay Land Train is a fun way to get around Torquay for all ages! Further…0.27 miles away
Explore the English Riviera on the open-top bus sight seeing tour! It's the perfect way…0.27 miles away
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
Torquay's Dinosaur World is an fun interactive indoor exhibition…0.29 miles away
Visiting attractions on the English Riviera is now easier than ever with so many focusing…0.29 miles away
Escape Rooms have arrived in Torquay!
On your next visit to The English Riviera be sure…0.3 miles away
The Real Crime Museum is a fascinating attraction based on the harbour in Torquay. If you…0.3 miles away
The English Riviera has 22 miles of coastline and a UNESCO Global Geopark, all of which…0.33 miles away
A boat trip is the perfect way to experience the English Riviera from one of its best…0.33 miles away
Wherever you go on the English Riviera, you’ll find plaques that recognise some of the…0.33 miles away
Torquay has been one of the UK's top holiday destinations since Victorian Times when the…0.33 miles away
Are you bringing a group to the English Riviera to experience all it has to offer? Or are…0.33 miles away
Red House Mysteries are Devon's foremost interactive game and escape room company. Our…0.33 miles away
Agatha Christie was born in Torquay in 1890 and the English Riviera celebrated her…0.34 miles away
Soaring high over the beautiful harbor in the heart of the English Riviera at Torquay,…0.35 miles away
If you're after a quirky theatre venue, then the Little Theatre is the place to be!…0.37 miles away