A warm welcome awaits you at the Sandpiper Guest House, set in a peaceful tree lined cul-de-sac just a short walk away from the Riviera International Centre, Torre Abbey Gardens and the seafront. We offer quality accommodation in a relaxed, informal and friendly atmosphere.
The Sandpiper Guest House is your ideal holiday base, we cater for all age groups and dogs are also very welcome.
We are well placed for exploring the Torbay area with Torquay town centre and harbour, with lively bars, cafes and restaurants being only 15 minutes walk away. The beautifully manicured Torre Abbey gardens are only a 10 minute walk, with numerous activities to try like Pitch and Putt Golf, Tennis and Bowls. The Riviera Centre is also close to the gardens and contains a swimming pool, restaurants and conference facilities.
For families with children, Torre Abbey Sands is a 10 minute walk and offers a good quality beach with bathing. For the more adventuous Dartmoor is within 20 minutes drive with miles of walks and stunning scenery.
During your stay at the Sandpiper you can be assured of good good and high standards of service to make your stay and enjoyable one.
We have ample parking at the front of the guest house with easy access to the property and can also offer free pickup by prior arrangement from Torquay Railway or Bus Station should you require.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
|Opening 2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
Bristol, United Kingdom
We stayed here on a Saturday and Sunday night.
The hotel is in a great place with its own off street parking, just a short walk to the town or the sea front and in a nice quiet road.
The room was... Read full review
Exeter, United Kingdom
A very well presented and well run guest house.
Stayed a couple nights in October found everything very clean and comfy.
Good quiet location walking distance from sea front and town .
Good covid... Read full review
The Sandpiper is a very lovely guest house. The room was clean to a very high standard. The breakfast was the best I have ever had. The hosts did not communicate at all which was a sad, Felt at... Read full review
From Newton Abbot road coming into Torquay turn right at Torre station into Avenue Road. Turn left into Bampfylde Road, 1st left into Rowdens Road.
Public Transport Directions
From Torquay Train Station
Turn left out of station up to traffic lights. Turn left into Avenue Road, then right into Bampflyde Road. Rowdens Road is the first on the left.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Additional meal details - Packed lunches and bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot - Free of charge
- Facilities for children
- Highchair - Free of charge
- Accept coach parties
- Beach within 2km
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 1
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises