The Osborne Hotel, known by the discerning as 'The Country House Hotel by the Sea', is the centrepiece of an elegant Regency crescent. Rooms provide a panoramic view of 5 acres of hotel gardens and the broad sweep of Torquay, yet the neighbouring woodland is a reminder that the countryside is just a few minutes away. There are 2 hotel restaurants: the gourmet Langtry's which combines innovative dishes with tempting regional specialities, and the more informal Brasserie, open for lighter meals, coffee and Devon cream teas.
The hotel has a fully equipped gymnasium, heated indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, putting green and giant chess board. Conferences are catered for in the library and boardroom, with social occasions taking place in the elegant drawing room. Many of the luxurious bedrooms have sea views and are individually designed with every modern convenience. The Osborne is a hotel big enough to be luxurious yet small enough to be able to care for every guest individually.
Torquay is an ideal touring centre, easily accessible via the motorway network and within easy reach is Dartmoor, Exeter and the romantic West Country coasts with their picturesque harbours and cliff walks.
- Arrival Date:
- 21st Apr 2019
- Departure Date:
- 22nd Apr 2019
- No. of Nights:
|2019 Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
Swindon, United Kingdom
This hotel has a fabulous view of the bay which is definitely worth paying extra.
Receptionist on check in was not exactly welcoming but restaurant staff and food quality very good. All in all a... Read full review
Beautiful Building & Setting. Not sure on the 4 star though
The hotel is in a beautiful location with fab views across the bay.
We booked a newly renovated family room which was really nice and even had a separate room for our son. The shower took a little... Read full review
Poor customer service
Booked to attend a wedding - paid a deposit which they are refusing to refund. We never received any confirmation of the booking or the terms and conditions. When we rang to check on the booking they... Read full review
Follow Torquay signs from M5 then signs to harbour, left at clock tower into Torwood Street, right at traffic lights, sign posted Meadfoot Beach, follow road to gates of the Osborne in front of you.
Public Transport Directions
From Torquay - 2 miles
- Additional meal details - All diets.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - £27.00 seasonal promotions available
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - In Langtry's restaurant
- Serve evening meal - In Langtry s restaurant, guests can also dine in the Brasserie.
- Serve lunch - In the brasserie.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Cot - Charged £5.00 per night and restricted to one per room only.
- Facilities for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach within 100m
- Beach within 2km
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Minimum Group size
- Near coastal path
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Public telephone
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house - A country house by the sea
- Film or TV location - TV advertisements, Poirot and Noel Edmonds 'Gotcha Awards'.
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Hesketh Crescent was designed by William and John Harvey and completed in 1848 after two years of construction, having been reported as the finest crescent in the west of England.
- Afrikaans spoken
- French spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
- Cycle hire
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool - Summer months only May-August
- Swimming pool - Heated indoor and outdoor
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free spaces for 100 vehicles
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted - 1.5% charge
- Cash & Cheque only
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - sea facing rooms only
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
Travel & Trade