Benbows occupies a superb position in a quiet area overlooking Paignton beach. Only 120 yards from the harbour and a short walk both to the town and the aqua-park "Quaywest" at Goodrington.
A warm welcome and cheerful atmosphere, Licensed Bar , good food, freshly prepared by the proprietor. A choice of menu.
Many bedrooms with sea views, some en-suite. Free parking.
Reduced rates for children, some free.
Centrally heated throughout, Colour TV's/ Tea and Coffee making facilities in all rooms. Own keys. Mid-week bookings. Open all year. 3 Diamonds.
Please write, telephone or visit our website for more information.
- 3 Visit England Stars Guest House
|2020 - Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Benbows is open all year, however it may close briefly during the off seasons for owners holidays
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
Me and my boyfriend stayed here for just under a week, had a wonderful and comfortable stay, the room was nice and clean and cosy, was greeted with the offer of a pot of coffee after our long... Read full review
Great little place
Nothing too much trouble for this place, stayed here as a recommendation, both couples really enjoyed it. Lovely clean and fresh rooms and ec
Xcellent breakfast. Will be back for more of the same... Read full review
st edmunds guest house 25 sands road paignton
had a fantastic holiday at st Edmunds guest house.we were welcomed by jill and tony with a cup of tea or coffee and cup cakes plus a treat for our dogs roxy and bonnie.we had a lovely spacious ground... Read full review
From M5 South
M South, follow A380 Torbay (Torquay), take ring road to Paignton, follow signs for sea front (or Town centre). Continue south along sea front to harbour, road that passes harbour becomes Alta Vista road, we are number 1.
Public Transport Directions
From Paignton Station - 0.75 miles
By taxi or on foot. Come out of station, turn right along Torbay Road. At the end, opposite multiplex cinema, turn right to end of road. At mini-roundabout take left-hand-fork 120 yards on left , on corner of Cliff Road and Alta Vista Road.
- Accept Children over 7
- Maximum group size
- Additional meal details - Special diets catered for.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - 15
- Serve breakfast - Full English or something lighter. Continental.
- Serve evening meal - Four course.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Cots, high chairs, booster seats and special diet
- Food/bottle warming available - Will accommodate family needs
- Accept coach parties - limited to small coach parties
- Beach within 2km
- Central heating throughout - Central heating throughout, plus additional heaters available
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - Iron and Ironing board available on demand
- Licenced for alcohol
- Near coastal path
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - Four rooms have semi private showers and toilet
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - By prior arrangement in the off season
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge - Large guest lounge with TV, accessable at all times
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - Staff fluent in French
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre - Ten minute walk to town centre
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking only allowed in the garden
- Seafront - Five minute walk to two sandy beaches
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
- Fishing - Sea fishing nearby
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates - Phone to discuss 01803-558128
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Visitors from France or French speaking
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure storage facilities
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Secure environment for lone female guests
- Special provisions for walkers - On coastal trail - packed lunches
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available