Frognel Hall is a beautiful old Victorian mansion, tastefully adapted and developed as a warm, modern hotel. It is situated in a quiet corner of Torquay, yet only minutes away from the harbour, beaches and town centre.
The scenic south coast path and ancient Kent’s Cavern are a short walk from the hotel and the beautiful South Hams and the wilderness of Dartmoor National Park are a short drive away.
We have 27 well-equipped bedrooms, many with level access via the passenger lift and 6 bedrooms on the ground floor, all level with restaurant, bar and drawing room.
There are fine views from the elegant bar and drawing room onto the garden and beyond to the sea.
We offer a wide choice of freshly prepared food, including fish and vegetarian dishes and a large selection of wines.
There is a car park to the front of the hotel, providing level access to the hotel and there is a convenient bus service that runs from outside the hotel and taxi service.
An ideal base to explore Devon, Cornwall and South West England, such as the historic cities of Plymouth and Exeter, and Cornwall’s Eden Project.
- Arrival Date:
- 19th Nov 2018
- Departure Date:
- 20th Nov 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en-suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£30.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit England Cyclists Welcome 2012
- Visit England Walkers Welcome 2012
|2018 - Opening (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
I’d like to start by saying that I have submitted a good number of hotel reviews over the last few years, and while I may have reported the odd niggle, I’ve tried to be positive in each review. I... Read full review
Ok its probably not the best hotel in torquay but the owners were so friendly and helpful it kinda made up for the dated appearance. I had a family room with my 2 small children..the room was very... Read full review
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
We stayed here with my parents , my mom has dementia and was treated really well
The owners are a lovely , friendly couple
I would highly recommend staying there it’s a gorgeous place
Situated... Read full review
From M5 take the Torquay road. Follow signs to seafront, then left to harbour side, left at clock tower roundabout, 1st right at traffice lights into Meadfoot Road. At crossroads left into Higher Woodfield Road.
Public Transport Directions
From Torquay - 2 kilometres
Taxi recommended. Bus number 12 from near station to Torquay harbour, then take the number 66 to hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - £13.95
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
Children & Infants
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum number of guests 70.
- Beach within 2km
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax, limited presentation equipment , radio-microphone, broadband wireless connection in some rooms. Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Lift - Lift access to most rooms
- Near coastal path
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Pets accepted - Small, quiet dogs in some rooms. Surcharge.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Early Victorian mansion with many original features.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 26 spaces.
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted - 2% surcharge
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted - 2% surcharge
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Private group murder mysteries. Bowling tours. Walking groups. Classic car groups. Wine appreciation groups.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure bike storage. Drying area.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Secure and attentive environment.
- Special provisions for walkers - Close to South coast path and Dartmoor. Drying facilities available. Transport arranged.